If you want to be featured on this page please mail us!
MEMS in Singapore!
Besides the MicroMachines Lab 1 in the School of MAE, NTU, many different organizations are pursuing high level research in the MEMS/NEMS field in Singapore and many companies have started here to develop MEMS based products.
- Nanosyslab is a company specializing in nano-spheres fabrication and production of 2D and 3D template with nano-sphere.
- Attogenix is a bioMEMS company focused on molecular diagnostics and nucleic and acid testing with emphasis on infectious disease detection (such as dengue, SARS), genome profiling and bioterrorism.
- Singular ID is a nanotechnology spin-off company that was founded in December 2004 to commercialise magnetic tagging technology for use against counterfeit products, contract manufacturing overruns, and grey market diversion. It has been bought by Bilcare in January 2008.
- NiviBio Nanosystems is a biomedical nanotechnology research company founded in 2005 by a group of former graduate from NTU's MSc MEMS program to deliver high quality, cost-effective molecular diagnostic technology solutions.
- Veredus Laboratories a molecular diagnostics company developing Lab-on-Chip in cooperation with STMicroelectronics.
- SiMEMS Bio MEMS design, prototyping and production with DNA chips and testing kits as main products.
- MEMSTech The first MEMS company in Singapore, a Malaysian holding for SensFab (microfabrication - in Singapore) and SenzPak (packaging - in Johor Bahru)
- Penta Vacuum was a Manufacturer of MEMS fabrication equipment
- Absara Microsystems did provide MEMS packaging
- The Institute of Microelectronics (IME) MMC program has a full blown program in MEMS with 8" wafer fabrication facility.
- The Institute of Material Research and Engineering (IMRE) has a succesful Micro and Nano systems cluster developping various MEMS technologies.
- The Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (IBN) pursue a complete bio-MEMS program, supported by state of the art fabrication facility.
- The Data Storage Institute developps MEMS for data storage (HDD, optical...).
- Exploit Technology gives an overview of the MEMS technology developped in Research Institute opened for licensing.
Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- The Center for Mechanics of Micro-Systems (CMMS) in the school of MAE in NTU is running different MEMS projects oriented towards system approach with an application in HDD.
- The thin-film technology strategic research program and the sensors and actuators strategic research program in the school of MAE in NTU have interest in MEMS.
- In the school of EEE in NTU the sensor, actuators and smart materials group of the microelectronics center has different MEMS projects using ferroelectric materials and others.
National University of Singapore (NUS)
- The Micro and Nano Systems Initiative (MNSI) in NUS develops and characterizes MEMS and Nano Systems since 1998. The lab has been acting as the main organizer for the very succesful iMEMS conference in '99, '01 and '03.